After quite a bit of deliberation, i’ve come up with my shopping list for my DIY Megasquirt3 kit, then i wet myself at the price. I put the order in to DIYautotune in America. and am now waiting with baited breath for its arrival. so what did i order?
Well in the end i decided to go for a Megasquirt 3 Kit rather than using my current Megasquirt2, for all the features that come as standard without fiddling (USB connection, SD card, sequential fuel and spark, switchable maps…….) I considered just getting the Megasquirt3 daughter card to upgrade my MS2 to MS3, but i did a bit of maths and decided with the re-sale value of the MS2 as a whole over just selling the replaced daughter card would go some way to covering the extra cost of the full kit, but would sell faster.
The total order was:-
- 1 x MegaSquirt Wiring Harness for MS3X (MS3X-Harness) = $78.00
- 1 x MegaSquirt-III w/PCB V3.0 – UnAssembled Kit with black case (MS330-K_BL) = $373.00
- 1 x JimStim v1.5 MegaSquirt Stimulator w/ Wheel Simulator -Unassembl (jimstim-k) = $59.00
- 1 x MegaSquirt Wiring Harness (MS1 / MS2 / MS3 Ready) (MSHarness8) = $67.00
- 1 x EBC Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Kit (EBC_Sol_kit) = $45.00
- 1 x MegaSquirt-III MS3X Expansion Card (MS3Xpander) = $90.00
- 1 x JimStimX Expansion Board – Unassembled (JimStimX-K) = $44.00
- 2 x Hall effect crankshaft position sensor (HallSensor) = $68.00
- 1 x GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector (IATwConn) = $20.00
- 2 x MegaWheels logo Black Cut Vinyl Decal (d-mw-blou) = $8.00
- 1 x DIYAutoTune.com Decal (decal161) = $0.50
- 2 x DIYAutoTune.com "Danger" Decal – 4" x 3.33" (d-danger1) = $6.00
Yeah ok I ordered a few stickers in there, but i need to decorate my laptop a little after all it’ll be what i’m using to tune map up the ECU when it is finished.
Hopefully it will all be turning up in a week or so, then i can get soldering it all up